Chick-fil-A and its third party service providers collect Information about you from a variety of sources, including Information you provide directly to us, and Information we collect about you when you interact with us. For example, we and our third party service providers collect Information both directly and indirectly from you when you:
We and our third party service providers collect Personal Information provided by you or on your behalf, which Information may include your:
- access or use the Site;
- apply for a donation;
- contact or communicate with us;
- create an account with us;
- request information from us;
- provide or submit information, comments, or other content or input to us; and/or
- otherwise interact with us.
Information Collected Automatically
We and our third party service providers use traffic data, cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies to automatically collect certain Information from you when you use the Site or apply for a donation including, without limitation:
- telephone numbers (including mobile numbers);
- email addresses;
- date of birth and/or age;
- demographic information; and/or
- financial information.
We use this Information to personalize your online experience and for marketing purposes.
If you choose to decline Cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the Site or the donation application
Web Beacons. Certain pages on the Site may contain web beacons (also known as Internet tags, pixel tags, and clear GIFs), which are small bits of code embedded in pages or images on the Site (“Web Beacons”). We may also include Web Beacons in e-mails we send to you to learn if messages have been opened, acted on, or forwarded. You can disable the ability of Web Beacons to capture such information. Please refer to the "Help" menu of your browser to learn more about Web Beacons and your ability to disable them. Location Data. When you use the Site on a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store real-time “location data,” which may include GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude). Location data may convey to us Information about how you browse and use the Site. You may opt-out from further allowing us to have access to your location data by adjusting the permissions in your mobile device.
Device Information. We may collect Information about the computer or device you use to access the Site, including the hardware model, operating system and version, MAC address, unique device identifier, phone number, and mobile network information.
Google Analytics We may use third party analytics tools, such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Site. These tools collect Information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other Information that assists us in improving the Site and our application process. For more information regarding how Google collects, uses, and shares your information please visit http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Information We May Receive From Third Parties. We may receive Information about you from third parties such as our business partners and Operators.
California’s Do Not Track Notice
At this time, there is no worldwide uniform or consistent industry standard or definition for responding to, processing, or communicating Do Not Track signals. Thus, the Site is unable to respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not, however, currently track your Personal Information over time and across third party websites. We do not allow unaffiliated, third parties to collect Personal Information about your online activities when you use the Site for such third party use. We do use third party web analytics services on the Site, such as Google Analytics, to help us obtain and analyze Information about your browsing or usage habits but, at this time, such Information does not include Personal Information other than your IP address.
We use your Information that we collect, including Personal Information, for a variety of business purposes, including:
- your IP address;
- browser type and operating system;
- pages you view within the Site;
- websites you visited before coming to the Site;
- emails from us that you open and/or forward; and/or
- offers or links from us to which you connect.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We share and disclose your Personal Information under the following circumstances:
- processing your application for a donation;
- fulfilling your request for a donation;
- communicating with you;
- creating and managing your accounts with us;
- tailoring our products, services, websites, communications, and advertisements;
- responding to your communications, inquiries, or comments;
- improving and customizing the Site and our application process;
- for internal operations such as enhancing our donation request process, product and service offerings, marketing efforts, and to conduct research and analysis;
- for marketing purposes;
- to protect the security and integrity of our business, the Site, and the donation application process.
We do not sell your Personal Information to third parties for their marketing purposes.
We provide you with the opportunity to update and/or delete certain Information and to opt-out of having your Personal Information used or disclosed for certain purposes. For example, you may
- with third parties that provide a variety of services on our behalf, including the development, maintenance, and support of the Site and the application, application processing and fulfillment, the distribution of notifications, and marketing research and analysis;
- within Chick-fil-A and its affiliates;
- with the Chick-fil-A, Inc. restaurant network which is made up of company-operated, franchised, and licensed Chick-fil-A restaurant businesses;
- to comply with law, a court order, or other legal process, or in connection with a legal investigation;
- as may be necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Chick-fil-A, its affiliates, franchised operators and licensees, and our and their respective employees, customers, visitors, users, or any other person or entity;
- to enforce any applicable terms and conditions and other agreements;
- in the event of a corporate transaction;
- in aggregated or other non-personally identifiable form; and/or
- in accordance with your consent.
We do not knowingly collect Personal Information online from children under the age of 13 without parental or guardian consent. Please contact us via the Contact Information provided below if you believe we may have collected such information without parental or guardian consent or other than in a manner authorized by law, and we will work to delete it.
Links, Third Party Website and Social Media Platforms
Users From Outside of the United States
If you have any questions about this Site or these Terms and Conditions of Use, or to report violations of these Terms and Conditions of Use, please contact us at:
- correct, update, and delete your online account;
- change your choices for subscriptions and certain communications (e.g., mailing lists, electronic communications, and other notifications);
- choose whether to receive promotions and offers from us;
- request that we do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes; and/or
- request access to your Personal Information.
Via the web:
5200 Buffington Road
Atlanta, Georgia 30349-2998
Attn: Legal Department
1-866-CFA-2040 or 1-866-232-2040
Terms and Conditions of Use last updated on April 1, 2019.
Copyright © 2019 Chick-fil-A Foundation. All rights reserved.